Friday, August 22, 2008

Sorry about the hold up, but classes ended and then the summer started. To be honest I haven't been home a whole lot, Traveling and whatnot. But I have found some time to actually start this up, and I'm guessing that I'll have more time once classes start back up again, because I'll be near a computer more often.
Anyway here is a little bit of what I've been up to.

In Griswold, CT there is the Buttonwood farm and once a year they have a Sunflowers for Wishes fundraiser to raise money for the CT Make a Wish foundation. This was their fifth year of having this fundraiser. Basically all of the sunflowers of the farm bloom that weekend, and its sunflowers as far as the eye can see. There are hayrides and homemade ice cream. It was mind blowing all of the sunflowers. It was a beautiful day, and just to see all of the sunflowers facing one way, and all in bloom was wicked awesome.


So there is this amazing thing in Providence RI once a year. Its a new tradition, I think it's five years old. Anyway, in the canal in downtown Providence there are these braziers that they put wood in and set on fire. Its amazing! There are gondola rides through the fire and a man dressed in venetian carnaval attire standing in gondola and handing out flowers with little sayings on them to the people watching. There were also living statues. It was wicked hot though, but so worth it.



I went to Wolfeboro New Hampshire for the fourth of July, such an amazing parade. Also if you love flea markets as much as I do, the town of Wolfeboro has a hospital fair the first weekend in August. There are a bunch of rides and games, for kids and the kids at heart. And a huge flea market! On the last day of the Flea market everything is half price and then at night its basically take as much as you can carry, because everything is free. I'll put pictures up later of what I bought. There is a lot of vintage clothes and suitcases. Its heaven for vintage lovers.


Thats my garden, looking rather beautiful this summer.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, sounds like you had a fun summer. Love to photo's, keep it up,

dan